10 August, 2020.
00 December, 0000.
This course seeks to give participants a foundation in building financial model and conducting analysis in excel in the areas of feasibility study and business planning, valuing a company for investment purposes, determining the value of a business before buying or selling it, forecasting and budgeting for a product, service, business unit or the entire company.
At the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate practical knowledge and skill in modelling financial statements like Income Statement, Cash flow, Statement of Financial Position;
- Create a background into the principles and application of valuation using discounted cash flow method with Microsoft Excel
- Review of relevant excel functions and formulae
- Excel formulae and functions useful in building financial models
- Debugging /evaluating formula errors
- Building the financial model - income statement - 5 years
- Step by Step building of a financial model
- Model presentation - design/layout and structure
- Best practices in modelling
- Determining fixed assets
- Building discounted cash flow models in excel
- Valuing stocks
- Overview of valuation models
- Conducting analysis - Ratios
- Scenario analysis and Risk Assessment