28 June, 2017.
30 June, 2017.
This course is designed for financial accountants and controllers wanting a detailed understanding of international standards of the International Accounting Standards. Auditors, Analysts and interpreters of IAS/IFRS financial statements will also benefit greatly from the course and this course will also be of particular benefit to accountants moving into a financial accounting role from other fields.
- An in-depth working knowledge of the new ‘world standard’ of financial reporting
- A technique for extracting the key requirements from standards, and guidance on interpretation and practical application of the standards
- An awareness of the differences between UK, US and international standards
- An understanding of imminent changes to IFRS
- Concepts and presentation
- The IASB conceptual framework
- IAS 1 - presentation of statements
- IAS 10 - events after balance sheet
- IFRS 5 - assets held for sale and discontinued operations
- IAS 7 - cash flow statements
- Policies and revenue
- IAS 8 - accounting policies
- IAS 18 - revenue
- IAS 11 - construction contracts; revenue and work-in-progress
- Inventory and property, plant and equipment
Group Account and International Standards