14 June, 2023.
23 June, 2023.
There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.ÂÂÂ Machiavelli thoughts on project management 500 years are equally relevant to anybody involved in delivering high value complex projects today. And when the pressure is on capital funding project managers will increasingly find that they need a good understanding of the financial aspects of project management to cope with the responsibilities placed upon them to deliver value for money. This intensive course provides the opportunity to cover the key financial aspects of project management and apply them to successful project management.
- Understand, analyze and interpret financial statements and use them as tools in assessing the financial strength of project proposals;
- Understand the vital difference between profit and cash flow and how they provide two yardsticks for successful project delivery;
- Master the key financial principles of planning and delivering a successful and profitable project
- Accounting principles and financial statements:
- Accounting concepts and principles
- Measuring project performance objectives:
- Public sector projects: cost benefit analysis and value for money concepts
- Commercial project objectives: the risk and reward relationship
- Using financial criteria to measure project success
- Identifying Critical Success Factors and developing meaningful KPIâÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂs
- Working capital management and cash flow improvement:
- Project financial basics:
- The Time-Cost-Quality triangle
- Making a business case for the project
- Project cost estimation: three point method and Monte Carlo simulation
- Project financial appraisal techniques:
- Public and government sector project approval methods
- Preparing winning project bids and proposals
- Project budgeting and contingency funds
- Monitoring and controlling project costs