09 July, 2018.
11 July, 2018.
This hands-on training focuses on the main principles of IAS/IFRS consolidation in the banking industry and on the related difficulties.
Participants would be trained on the application of IFRS 9 and IAS 39 as far as consolidation is concerned
Presentation of the IFRS consolidation mechanisms (IAS 27, 28, 31)
- Review of IFRS fundamentals
- Scope of IFRS consolidation and IFRS consolidation methods
- Adjustments related to intra-group operations
Application : differences between IFRS and GAAP consolidation frameworks
Goodwill and intangible assets
- Determination and allocation of goodwill
- Goodwill depreciation test and depreciation provision
- Deconsolidation and outsanding balance allocation into the income statement
Practical application : goodwill allocation in an acquisition operation
Actions on equity portfolios and off-balance sheet commitments
- Evaluation and allocation of equity portfolios upon acquisition
- Actions on off-balance sheet commitments and clearing agreements
Actions on currency-related and deferred taxation-related activities
- Conversion of foreign currency-related activities(translation risk)
- Evaluation of deferred taxation