15 May, 2023.
17 May, 2023.
Great internal communication enables performance, increases engagement, and delivers value to organizations. But if you're new to the internal communication function, if involvement in internal communication activities within your company or business unit has recently become part of your role, or if you are tasked with local internal communication responsibilities in addition to your "day job" - where do you start?
- Increase your understanding of internal communication in a range of organizational settings.
- Understand the ways internal communication delivers value to organizations.
- Learn how to put the key theories of internal communication into practice to get results.
- Recognize what leaders are looking for from their communication team.
- Build your communication competencies and chart your professional development. Access tips and checklists that you can apply to your role today.
- Learn what makes up a successful communication plan and why.
- Understand your audience(s) and discover how segmentation can enhance your messages.
- Understand your channels and how to determine the most effective ones based on your desired outcomes.
- Apply a measurement approach that will demonstrate the value of your communication efforts.
- Identify practical ways that you can help your leaders communicate more effectively and create line of sight for their teams.
•Where did we come from? A brief background to internal communication practice
•What do we do? The role of internal communication in organizations
•The value of effective communication
•The new competencies and how to build them
•The leadership perspective of our roles and how to increase your value
•Power of partnerships – working with other functions, vendors and suppliers
•What is engagement and how do you help increase it
•What additional value can you bring to your organization?
•Overcoming the challenges of your role
•Making the most of your professional development
Fundamentals of communication strategy and planning
•Becoming "audience aware" –getting to know your organization
•The communicator’s toolbox –channels that work
•The 6-step planning framework for communication strategy
•Creating a communication plan with solid objectives
•The benefits of a rolling communication schedule
•Helping your leaders become better communicators and create line of sight
•The internal communication dashboard – measuring progress
•Your communication career –planning your ongoing development and building your communication competencies.