20 May, 2020.
22 May, 2020.
The Journey of Leadership is a discussion-based approach to corporate values, individual competencies and improved individual and team effectiveness. This course is highlighted by in-depth discussions on values-based leadership examples from some corporations
The objective of this course is to develop an understanding of the role of leadership in both traditional and complex organizations. Traditional organizations include government organizations and corporations, including those for profit and those not for profit organizations. Complex organizations include those addressing significant change and adaptation
- Being aware of current leadership and management theories, including the bases of authority,
- Transformational leadership,
- Values based leadership,
- Situational leadership and the role of emotional intelligence supporting leadership;
- Having an understanding of the differences in personality types and the influence of the participant's personality type on their leadership style;
- Having a basic knowledge of people management practices
- To align team performance with project outcomes within organizations with a range of different goals,
- Values and stakeholders;
- Understanding people management policies and programs and identifying organizational strategy and leading change.
- Behaviors such as managing feedback effectively and encouraging motivation of staff are also examined