02 September, 2019.
04 September, 2019.
This training course introduces the anti-money laundering and anti-terrorism programs. Case studies and simulation exercises will illustrate the discussed points.
Participants will be trained on the various methods of preventing money laundering and terrorism financing.
Legal framework and anti-money laundering players
- Regulatory requirements
- European directives
- COMOFI provisions
- Criminal law provisions
Anti-money laundering players :
- At the global scale : Financial Action Task Force on Money Laundering
- Organization and TRACFIN mechanisms
- Other players
Anti-laundering operations - declaration of suspicion
- Bodies subjected to the declaration of suspicion
- Operations subjected to the declaration of suspicion
- Information mentioned in the declaration of suspicion
- Transmission to the TRACFIN and legal guarantees
Implementation stages and most common techniques of capital laundering
- The laundering process
- Stacking-up (aka concealment)
- Integration (aka conversion)
Review of several techniques that can be simply detected :
- Intervention of a Politically Exposed Figure (PEF)
- Cash remittances or withdrawals with no economic justification
- Agents using multiple bank accounts
Advanced laundering operations : pass-through entities and offshore structures
- Using pass-through-entities
- Using offshore financial structures
- Other specific techniques : using the art market and the real estate market