16 September, 2019.
18 September, 2019.
This training course aims to introduce the principles and mechanisms governing the implementation of SRI within an asset management process. Analyses of ISR funds currently available on the market and SRI methodologies will be introduced in this hands-on training.
Participants would be able to structure investment products that meet various tastes of the larger society, thereby harnessing most segments of the target investors.
Understanding the bases of the Socially Responsible Investment
- Distinction between SRI, solidarity funds and ethical funds
- Relation between SRI and social corporate responsibility
- United Nations Global Compact agreement : making, methodology, evolutions
- Principles for responsible investment(PRI) : methodology, current members, PRI certification procedures
- History of the ISR : earliest funds, evolutions
The market of the SRI - key players and key figures
- Presentation of the private and corporate investors expectations based on exclusive surveys
- Role of the extra-financial rating agencies : major benchmarks
- Key figures : number of funds, assets under management, market trends
SRI management processes specifics
- Distinction between SRI and management style (growth, value, large cap/small cap)
- Introduction to the extra-financial performance benchmarks : ESG criteria (Environment, Social, Governance), other approaches
- Integration of financial and extra-financial approaches : criteria weighting methods and scoring methods
- Selection of a benchmark and evaluation of a fund's performance
Construction of a stock-based SRI fund
- Step 1 : defining the range of available investment options
- Step 2 : selection of an extra-financial performance benchmark
- Step 3 : implementation of an extra-financial scoring and filtering method
- Step 4 : implementation of financial analysis criteria
- Step 5 : performance evaluation and attribution