18 November, 2019.
20 November, 2019.
Being tasked with introducing competencies into your organization can seem at times like a mission impossible! This highly informative and interactive course will give you the tools, models, knowledge and understanding to be able to effectively design, build and implement a competency framework in your organization. Based on “best-in-class” experiences you will be able to implement a competency framework that contributes to your organization’s strategy and long term success.
The aim of this course is to assist managers and human resource practitioners to understand and apply the competency framework and the generic competency dictionary. Managers and practitioners will also be able to assess the required competencies when interviewing new recruits, manage performance as well as identify training needs of existing employees.
Why A Competency Framework?
- Establishing the business need
- Starting with a strategy
- The benefits of a competency framework to the business
- How we use competencies
- What are your performance standards?
- Where do we begin?
Designing a Competency Framework
- Data collection – what do we need to know?
- Data collection methods
- Analysis of information collected
- Considering different competency designs
- Technical competencies
- Behavioural competencies
- Leadership competencies
Preparing To Implement
- The benefits of planning
- Different methodologies
- Tools and techniques
- Linking to jobs, positions and grades
- The communication project plan
- Gaining commitment – selling the idea to the organisation
- Training and development
- Performance appraisal
- Succession planning
- Reviewing a framework through change