17 August, 2020.
19 August, 2020.
This training aims to introduce the equity market mechanics as well as the available methods of fundamental analysis, technical analysis and position hedging. Theoretical concepts are illustrated by practical applications using Ms Excel
At the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Define the Capital Market and its segments;
- Identify instruments traded in each segment of the market;
- Demonstrate equity selection and pricing;
- List market participants
- Explain the M and M hypothesis;
- Identify risks prevalent in several products and hedging methods;
- Demonstrate equity trading and settlement system.
- The players : stock exchanges, market makers, brokers, investors
- The infrastructures : hedging, clearing, settlement, safekeeping
- Recent evolutions : electronic custodian platforms,
- The Macroeconomic environment : real cycle and financial cycle
- Industry analysis and competition analysis
- Company valuation : DCF, comparables
- Hedging through put
- Hedging of a cash position through CFD (Certificate For Difference)
- Hedging of a position through index-based short tracker
- Chartist analysis : standard mechanics
- Technical indices : moving average, momentum,
- Statistical indices : auto-correlation, kurtosis, average anchoring
- Elliott wave principle