04 November, 2019.
06 November, 2019.
This course teaches analysis of strategic decisions facing an organization. The primary emphasis is on decisions at the line of business (rather than corporate) level, and the primary source of analytical method is economics. A central integrating idea is anticipating the response of other actors in the economy and recognizing that often an organization’s profits depend on the actions of other firms.
During this program you will:
- Develop and sharpen your analytic strategy skills
- Examine theories and frameworks for identifying and exploiting profitable opportunities
- Learn how to avoid strategic mistakes
- Gain valuable insight from the strategic successes and failures of respected firms and the issues they face looking forward
Fundamentals of Competitive Strategy
- Learn analytical frameworks for strategy formulation
- Understand the economics of value creation and capture
External Environment Analysis
- Explore the market forces underlying industry profitability and firm performance
- Learn modern game-theory approaches for competing effectively with a small number of rivals
- Understand industry evolution and optimal responses to growth opportunities and shakeouts
- Identify winner-takes-all markets – a different battle
Internal Profitability Analysis
- Articulate and evaluate competitive advantage
- Assess the long-term sustainability of competitive advantage
- Develop resources and effective capabilities for strategic investments
Capitalize on growth opportunities through strategic positioning and fit