03 June, 2020.
05 June, 2020.
This 3-day Fundamentals of Internal Auditing training course introduces new Internal Auditors to their role and responsibilities. The role of the Internal Audit department is explored within the broader context of assurance provision, by emphasizing the profession’s current challenges and reviewing some of the turning points that have led to the current emphasis on auditing and assurances.
The comprehensive training teaches the basic tools and techniques necessary to carry out audit assignments together with accepted best practice approaches and provides a safe and comfortable environment in which to practice with specifically designed exercises and case studies. The course is designed to also cover the IIA Performance standards.
Delegates will be better prepared to:
- Make decisions within the internal audit department
- Apply the standards required for the professional practice of Internal Audit
- Apply interpersonal skills and interview strategies
- Explore risk assessment strategies and risk-based internal auditing
- Implement the tools and techniques required to perform a successful audit program
The fundamentals of Internal Auditing course is designed to cover the following modules:
- An introduction to internal auditing today
- The internal audit governance framework
- Understanding the role of the internal auditor
- The audit model – performance of audit work
- Internal control
- Audit communications
- Evaluating and documenting internal controls
- Developing the audit program
- Fieldwork techniques and applications
- Developing audit findings
- Developing the audit report
Closing the audit assignment