11 October, 2020.
13 October, 2020.
Finance for Non-Financial Managers
Duration: 3 Days
In the present competitive business environment profit generation and wealth maximization require sustained efforts and appropriate decision skills on the part of executives in all functions and departments. Decisions made by non-financial executives from various departments have significant financial implications. Therefore, it is necessary to equip them with financial training to spread cost consciousness and improve the quality of their decision making.
Delegates will be better prepared to:
- Gain a greater understanding of the financial objectives of the organization and translate them into action in their respective functional areas;
- Work out the financial implications of their day-to-day decisions, helping take decisions that have a positive impact on financial objectives of the business;
- Make better use of resources allocated to their divisions;
- Build up financial confidence;
- Sharpen financial skills and competencies for business success.
- The principles of investment and finance
- Global economics and the impact of financial sector on businesses
- Use and applications of financial statements as a tool for analyzing company performances
- Accounting principles
- Ratio analysis and early warning signals for companies
- Differences between cash and profit and its importance in decision making
- Investment appraisal
- Indicators of credit problems
- Fundamentals of risks in the business world
The course uses participative discussion, cases and practical assignments to achieve the learning objective. Participants are encouraged to bring their problems to the course with an objective to learn through discussion and experience sharing