17 February, 2020.
25 April, 2020.
Diploma in Business Planning for Open Markets and Entrepreneurship
Aim: the main is to engage in entrepreneurship and venture(s) that are needed for a business plan to be successful.
The course was developed at the Distance Learning Centre of the Rīga Technical University (Latvia) in co-operation with the “Cable & Wireless College (Great Britain) and Tartu University (Estonia).
Requirements: minimum: SSSCE/WASC/GCE O/Level or Equivalent
The distance learning course is designed for people who:
- are in anyway engaged in entrepreneurship and want their venture(s) to be successful
- realise that good business planning can be a decisive tool for gaining success in competitive situations
- people who, because their heavy workload cannot attend a full-time course.
- These could be:
- private entrepreneurs;
- junior or middle management;
- people who are contemplating going into business
- people who have acquired property (a house, land etc. ) and want to utilise it in a profitable way without sustaining losses.
- High school leavers/graduates for academic progression.
Why you may need the course
You will need a business plan in most of the following situations:
- if you require a loan from a bank;
- if you are about to acquire a manufacturing facility from a leasing company;
- if you have conceived a business idea and you want to attract funds from prospective business partners to implement your idea;
- if you seek to obtain funds from a support programme;
- if you simply want to plan your enterprise’s activities for the forthcoming years.
- If you are looking for post-diploma academic admission in Higher educational institution.
This is Blended Learning – mixed teaching-learning approach method.
- The Study Forum will be main point of contact during the course, enabling close co-operation between learner and tutor.
- The course is opened with an seminar where all participants have the opportunity to meet one another and are introduced to the course tutors.
- During the seminar, learners become acquainted with the course content, the order of learning and the technology that will be used.
- The distance learning course approach designed to be completed through approximately 40 hours of independent study normally completed within a six week period.
- This means that the learner will be expected to devote approximately 6-7 hours each week to study.
- While studying, consultations and discussions are provided for in the course Study Forum, i.e., in a specially prepared Internet website platform ( course.mii.lv).
Duration: Total of 10 weeks (1 week holiday inclusive):
- 1 week face-to-face teaching-learning.
- 6 weeks online teaching-learning.
- 1 week Business Project Plan writing (Thesis) for presentation and Defense.
- 1 week Easter holiday.
- Last week for graduation and Diploma presentation (Face-to-Face).
Course start date: 17th of February, 2020, 9am
- Riga Technical University
1 Kronvalda boulevard, Riga, LV-1010, Latvia
2. E-based Socio-Educational Foundation (ESEF)
C3/23 – 24, Federal Housing Low Cost Estate,
Sagamu, Ogun State, Nigeria.