15 April, 2019.
17 April, 2019.
The term âÂÂÂÂforensicâÂÂÂÂ means suitable for courts of justice or for public discussion and debate. Forensic auditing provides an investigation methodology and accounting analysis that is suitable to the court which will form the basis for discussion, debate and ultimately dispute resolution. This course concentrates on practical advice for internal auditors in the fight against fraud, with focus sessions on deterrence, data mining and interviewing in a stressed environment. It provides an incisive analysis of how fraud occurs within an organization and explains the latest techniques for fighting it.
- Detection of white collar crimes within an organization
- Skills for Forensic Investigations
- Successful prosecution of economic crimes, in particular fraud
- The integration of accounting, auditing and investigative skills.
- Forensic Auditing Overview
- White Collar Crime and Business Risk
- The black economy âÂÂÂÂ awareness and profiles
- Money laundering component and the proceeds of crime Governance and business risk overview
- Fraud theory (definitions, types and scale)
- Limitations of traditional audit techniques
- Strategic fraud prevention plan
- Detection and the Forensic Audit Toolkit
- Investigations and Expert Witness Testimony
- Use of publicly available information
- Use of documentary evidence
- Interviewing in a stressed environment âÂÂÂÂ the five possible stages of a fraud interview and how best to handle each stage
- Assessing quantum of loss
- Practical case-management tips
- Dealing with lawyers and handling court situations