15 October, 2018.
17 October, 2018.
This training course aims to provide an understanding of the fundamental principles of islamic finance as well as of the related contracts and financial instruments. Numerous practical applications will illustrate the theoretical concepts..
To expose and introduce participants to the concept and practice of Islamic finance
Origins and principles of islamic finance
- Islam and business : doctrine and jurisprudence
- Ban on usury(riba), and ban on speculation (gharar)
- Exclusion of several illicit industries (haram)
- Loss-sharing and gains-sharing principles
- Development of islamic finance (historical perspective)
- Main global financial centers and players
Major mechanisms and related instruments
- Traditionnal instruments: Murabaha, Ijara, Istisna
- Structured finance and participation : Mudaraba, Mousharaka
- Insurance and reinsurance : Takaful and Re-Takaful
- Market finance : quasi-obligations (sukuk), stocks
- Private banking and asset management : shariah-compliant funds
Development potential of islamic finance
- Professionalization of shariah boards
- Standardization of financialinstruments and contrats
- Harmonization of risk management
- Development of islamic derivatives